Wanna go to Utah?


This summer I spent a lot of time moping around wishing I was in Europe on a study abroad like most of my friends. Then one day a thought occurred to me. People come from all over the world to see Utah. Have you ever been to Moab in the summer? 

(Here's a flattering picture of my sister and I in Moab once upon a few years ago.)

It’s swamped with tourists. People who already live in cool places like Germany and China and New Zealand actually come to America to visit a place I’ve lived for years! This epiphany changed my entire outlook on travel. While I’m struggling to make ends meet as a college student I can focus on visiting places a few hours away from me that are internationally cool. Just because I’m not leaving the United States of America, doesn’t mean I can’t see anything worthwhile. 

So I decided to take a closer look at my surroundings. I know almost nothing about making travel plans and I’m probably the worst navigator I know. While browsing the travel site vacationroost.com, I discovered a unique feature called “work with an expert.” 

Basically anyone can look through a list of qualified professional adventurers, find the one who specializes in what they are interested in the most, and ask them for help along the way! These people range from ski bums to business management wiz’s who can aid prospective travelers in their dream vacation. Obviously if I were in a position to spend money on a glitzy getaway to Park City I would find this service extremely appealing. 

Even so, it seems like the experts listed would have extensive knowledge on the most basic of travel needs in Utah as well. And they just make everything sound so fun and inviting. I love that you can tell that they are really passionate about what they do. I get the feeling these “vacationroosters” legitimately want to help, which is pretty great. 

I guess the point I’ve been trying to make is that there are thousands of places worth traveling to in the United States. Even if they don’t involve a mouse who wears red pants. There are adventures to be had in Utah and the great southwest and there are people ready and willing to tell you all about it! Seems like a pretty great job if you ask me.

Comments

Unknown said…
Umm yes! Come down to st. george for an adventure/to visit me! They have Zion's and dinosaur tracks down here!
Emily Rigby said…
That would be sooo fun! Love St. George. Even though it's blazin.
Unknown said…
for real though... come sometime you're not schooling/working.

Popular Posts