Hot and Dangerous

I've decided to start doing weight watchers again. It's day one.
I'm realizing I need to go grocery shopping if this is going to work out...Currently I am in possession of nutty bars, coco puffs, frozen dinners, and spaghetti. Gotta fix that.
So for now I'm motivated and ready to lose some weight! Because...I found out yesterday that I weigh 15 lbs more than I thought I did. And at some point in the near future I will be wearing bathing suits.

But here's the thing.
I think I have a pretty good self-image. Every now and then I realize that I'm not a stick figure like all the actresses and VS models...but then I realize I'm okay with that. I have curves and maybe a little extra pudge but I'm still cute. And certainly not obese.

SOMETIMES however, I get this twisted thought in my head:
"If I lost 20 lbs and wore trendy clothes all the time I would have so many more friends and prospective lovers." For a while I let that thought stew and get all tangled into my brain, but then I realize it is FALSE. Because guess what? I once weighed 20 lbs less than I do now, and I was the SAME PERSON. I had the same personality, same amount of friends, and the same types of guys liking me or not liking me.

So. Instead of focusing on losing weight so that I will "be hotter" or more appealing or have more friends...I'm going to focus on being healthy, and feeling better about myself in general.
Because as Ke$ha would say "U R Who U R."

Comments

Natalie said…
Ke$ha also inspired me to be healthier. When I saw her kissing that unicorn, I was all, yeah man. I'm gonna go running.
Emily Rigby said…
I knew it.
She's just really great.

Popular Posts