Bruce

When my mom talks about boys that she dated before she married my dad it's always pretty entertaining. Especially when she talks about "Bruce." Some comments are along these lines:

-Yeah, Bruce was really rude. I wouldn't have asked him to pick me up from the airport
-One time Bruce left me at a gas station
-Rude Bruce used to tell me I needed to lose weight

Etc.

Though I get a kick out of my mom's rantings, I've recently realized that this guy is a real person somewhere with real feelings and a real life...
And so from this point forward I have vowed to try my darnedest never to be somebody's "Bruce."

I really love people. Genuinely. And when something doesn't work out, it's important to remember that most of the time that's just all there is to it. Just because something didn't last this time, don't forget that something, someday, WILL. And that's all that matters.

So if something has ended between me and someone else, I hope I was at least good and kind.
I'm willing to bet most girls that you think are "bitches" are actually really emotionally struggling with a lot of things. In fact, most people are deeper than you make them out to be. I don't know. Try not to hate people I guess is what's been on my mind. Try really really hard. Because it's just not worth it.

Try to love. Even when it's hard and somebody seems like a complete and total "Bruce."

Comments

Popular Posts